Constitutionally Right

The only way to predict the future is to create it.

Name:
Location: Yardley, PA (Bucks County), United States

Thursday, January 12, 2012

It's Time to Get Angry - Philly Burbs

I think that the most important thing that one can do when angry is to demonstrate anger. Far too many of us keep that suppressed which may lead to many a health issue.
Listening to the news is enough to make one apathetic to the state of affairs out there, but I did hear a poll result today stating that a very high number of us are very angry. Then when I get angry there’s always some highly educated person making me feel uncivilized for expressing myself. It’s my opinion that it’s I who’s better adjusted strictly based on my periodic emotional meltdowns even if I don’t have an Ivy League degree.
But what’s really going on out there? I was perfectly fine before getting involved in politics. I think, though, that I wouldn’t have gotten involved if all was well - there’d be no reason to (although I do sometimes regret knowing what’s going on).
I’ve been angry for about 10 years now indicating that I’m way ahead of my time since many are just discovering their anger. And I’ve discovered that this anger is in direct proportion to the amount of governance in our lives. More governance equates to less freedom and since our nation is founded on a highly evolved anti-authority complex I do believe that many of us are downright un-American (not to mention pathetic).
The problem likely has something to do with the massive number of large groups that have figured out how to bilk taxpayers for their own selfish purposes. Incomprehensible amounts of dollars funnel through government fingers in a most inefficient way wreaking havoc at every step. Enough of this over time has led to true financial meltdowns that’ll continue and intensify until good leadership ensues and I’m a firm believer that nothing will change until enough of us get angry - that will be the tipping point in reversing course in the correct direction.
A most obnoxious example is that of a local school district one town over. My alma mater of Neshaminy (Google it if you need some comic relief although actually quite horrifyingly sad) is enduring day 5 of their teachers’ strike today. They’re the 7th highest paid teachers in the state of Pennsylvania out of over 500 school districts and put out very mediocre performance. There was a 51 day strike during my senior year 30 years ago so one might say that not much has changed in that time (other than increasingly poorer performance as unions gained more power and parents less).
Needless to say, I’m so angry right now that I think I shouldn’t be near people while in this condition. Don’t get me wrong. I wouldn’t have it any other way. There’s reason to be insane so I’m certain that sanity is not the correct strategy to navigate through this.
I won’t bore you with more details. If you don’t get it then I can only conclude that you’re a moron, but this is the scene that’s going on everywhere at varying degrees of intensity. Horrible mismanagement, bad governance and an abandonment of integrity rule the day. Many blame capitalism, but the “Economy Gone Wild” is a direct result of government interference without letting the natural ebb-and-flow of free market enterprise to work its magic. I could go into more detail, but if you don’t get it you probably won’t and are likely a complete idiot.
For example, my 17 year old orthopaedic device business fell into an abyss of despair and failure 3 years ago. After trying everything humanly possible to get back on track I found that the only path back to greatness was finding new and better ways to serve others with greater efficiency and aplomb. Not quite there yet, but I think I’m close with great new opportunities for others and this, my 20th year, should be the year back.
Imagine if these fanatical union thug boorish below average Neshaminy teachers (who I would permanently fire yesterday) used service to others as their guide. Maybe even trade their “Do It To the Children” mantra for “Do It For the Children”. A person can dream can’t they? Maybe I just expect too much, should give it up, stop writing these columns, just worry about my own family and call it a day.
I think that’s the plan so maybe I won’t give in. I may really need to embrace my bad attitude or it might get worse.
The most important thing we can all do right now is to watch Peter Finch in “Network” being mad as hell and wishing to not take it anymore and follow his example. We need to select elected officials who are angry. This is no time for level-headedness and calm. Our system of government ensures that we’re perfectly represented so being apathetic will create apathetic leadership that’s guided by the special interests that outnumber us. We have to outnumber them, take it back and not let go with a pit-bull death grip.
Until then best wishes and to many of you - go **** yourself. I honestly think that’s perfectly rational.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home